Well, life has continued to be busy for this Dairy Goddess. Even though the markets have slowed down with to the summer ending. We have kept ourselves busy with the dairy and trying to expand product and placement. As always there still does not seem to be enough hours in the day.
I feel like I haven’t been keeping up on my writing OR my reading. I am grateful to get out and attend industry meetings to learn and help me to keep up on things.
Recently at a Dairy Advisory Meeting for Cal Poly SLO I learned about “Ag in Motion”, Bringing Ag Science to Youth.
I think that there is nothing more important than Agriculture AND our youth. What a great way to bring them together. This is a hands on approach, which I think is the best way to spark our young people.
Please take a look at this innovative way to promote careers in Agriculture.
Ag In Motion ~ 2011 Launch
Ag In Motion is the vehicle to enable middle school students to connect the world with their science classroom
Bringing Ag Science to Youth
Ag In Motion is a self-contained 53 foot mobile classroom laboratory
Ag In Motion encourages involvement in FFA and promotes the awareness of careers in agriculture
Top 10 Facts about Ag In Motion
1. Ag In Motion is a laboratory classroom on wheels which is bringing agriculture related science to middle school students.
2. Labs presented by Ag In Motion are based on state science standards and tailored for 7th grade classes.
3. The lab can hold 36 students with their teacher.
4. Once they enter Ag In Motion, students become an agriculture scientist- solving the science mysteries.
“This place is magical” (Quote from Dutcher Middle School Student)
5. Cells to seeds and light to bugs Ag in Motion will provide a look at Ag.
6. Lessons will fit a normal class period.
7. All lessons are hands-on science.
8. Materials to help teachers prep their classes for Ag In Motion’s visit will be provided.
9. All materials are developed by teachers and teacher tested to ensure state science standards are met and expectations are exceeded.
10. Ag in Motion comes at no cost to schools.